Kickback Friday

I'm sitting down, feet up, cup of tea at the ready. I hope you have had a good stitching week.  And sometimes a good stitching week is a plotting and planning week rather than actual stitching week. I know I spend a considerable amount of time thinking about and planning projects. It's all part of the fun.
Have you had a chance to watch  this weeks Video Lesson on making up a basic logcabin sample block?
If you are quite new to logcabin it's worthwhile watching my first two videos. Rotary Cutting and making a Basic Logcabin sample block. It doesn't take long to make up and will serve as a visual reminder to you whenever you want to make logcabin blocks.
A little heads up here, cut a few extra strips. They will come in handy over the next few weeks as we make Courthouse Steps and Half Square Logcabin samples.
While you have been busy learning about logcabin. I have been busy learning the ins and outs of blogging.  Today I have been reading about having a Facebook page for my blog. I'm going to do a bit more research but it seems like a good idea.
I know from your comments that some of you are confused (don't feel alone in that. I've been confused many times over the last week trying to understand the finer details of blogging. But the more I read the more the fog begins to lift.) Anyway I digress - I know that some of you are confused as to how to find my blog for future visits. Clicking on the follow my blog link is a good start. But as many of you are on facebook - a facebook page for JoyofQuilting may be helpful, so I'm looking into that.

OK enough babbling from me. Let's focus. I promised you that today I would talk about the different effects you can achieve in a quilt just using the basic Logcabin Block.


If you made 36 basic logcabin blocks like this.
















                                                                           By playing around with the placement of your 36 blocks you could make.....this design



















Or this design....or keep playing...

This design....keep moving those blocks  around and.....

You could choose this design...or even

This rather splendid design...the possibilities are endless - well there's lot's of possibilities.  


I think your getting the idea now.
And that's just a few examples with just one type of logcabin block!
I hope this has whetted your appetite and your fingers are itching to get stitching.
I have used Quilt-Pro Version 5 (Quilt design software) to show these quilt designs.
My next post will be on Monday when I will show you how to make a Courthouse Steps Logcabin Block.....meanwhile, yours in stitches, Joy

Comments

Chris said…
loved your kickback Friday theme Joy

Popular posts from this blog

Japanese Boro Bag

Boro Stitching - Needles & Threads

Boro Inspired Stitching