Celebration

I managed to spend some time lately working on my own projects.
I'm making a series based on some of my favourite photographs.  I've always loved taking pictures and the digital age means I can snap to my hearts content.
I'm currently working on five pieces inspired by my photographs. This one was taken in Alykanas on the Greek Island of Zante.  Our favourite spot for a relaxing holiday.  On this visit we were (still) celebrating our 40th Wedding Anniversary.

So I've printed out part of the above picture in black and white quick print so I could cut out and use the part I wanted as a template to make the fabric figures.

I kept it simple and used one of my go to work horse fabrics, Osnaburg, to create a piece of Applique.

Which I then outline stitched onto a background fabric.
I added some nice wavy Machine Quilting 
Job Done!
I'm pleased with that. 
It keeps the 'Essence' of the original picture for me.

It's propped up against a larger piece of work called
Over The Edge
But that's a whole other story...

I'd love to Share with you my other Social Media Links


Comments

Anonymous said…
Lovely Joy, very creative.
Ros

Popular posts from this blog

Japanese Boro Bag

Boro Stitching - Needles & Threads

Boro Inspired Stitching