And So the Crochet Begins

2017 The Year of the Hook

2017 The Year of the  Hook. And no, I haven't given up Patchwork and Quilting. In fact there is plenty coming up on that front this year.
BUT
I have decided that now is the time to share my Joy of Crochet. And so in January I opened the doors on my Once a Month Crochet Group, open to all levels from beginner up.
We kicked off last month with a Basic Granny Square.
And this month having made five Granny Squares we have progressed to a bag/box.

To view my Beginner Crochet Videos (UK Treble Stitch and making a Basic Granny Square Left and Right Handed) Click on the link at the bottom of the page.

Fast Forward Four Years to 2021

Wow! The last five years have flown by. We had so much fun in Crochet Class. We learnt new Stitches and Patterns. Stretched ourselves. Inspired and helped each other.  So much new Crochet has been worked. I also put a few How to Crochet Videos up on my YouTube Channel. But that was the last four years.

Time Now For A Change

Time now for me to play. 

Back Now to Our Crochet Bag/Box/Container

For those of you who want to see how I make my Crochet Granny Squares see my Crochet Corner Post





As you can see these can be made up in different sizes.
The Small one was made using a Cotton Yarn
And Four Granny Square Rounds.

The Large one was made using an Chunky weight Yarn
And Ten Granny Square Rounds.

I used a cotton yarn called Paint Box
For the small bag and a Chunky acrylic yarn for the large one.

I've made two little videos.
One showing the UK Double Crochet I used to edge each square and also join the squares together.
And
A second one showing how I made the lining insert.







And

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Japanese Boro Bag

Boro Stitching - Needles & Threads

Boro Inspired Stitching